Dressmaking For Absolute Beginners
What is the course about?
Get a head start on your summer wardrobe with a sweet, sleeveless swing dress adapted to your design. Let us show you how to create this perfect easy-going dress, that’s ideal for layering in the colder months. We’ll teach you a wide range of skills and techniques including measurement taking, pattern drafting, design customising (seams and details) garment construction and finishing techniques.
What will I learn during this course
In this session you will learn;
- How to cut and measure your fabric for your project
- Create your pattern freestyle
- Pinning your fabric before sewing
- Sewing your fabric pieces together
- Inserting your zip
- Inserting appropriate darts
- Learn how to finish hems with bias binding
- Folder, paper, pen
- 2 bobbins, sewing thread, tailor’s chalk, measuring tape, snippers
- 2m – 2.5m fabric depending on your size
Date: March 22nd – March 29th
Please remember; every student progresses at a different pace, so try and enjoy the process as you go along.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.