The Jennifer Shift Dress
This particular Jennifer Shift Dress making class is suitable for learners who have had a bit of time on their sewing machine and would like to build their confidence in drafting patterns. See our blog for more details on this pattern.
This class comes in 3-parts but you will be skipping the first part (introduction to sewing) and completing the last 2 sessions. If you think you are not that confident will perhaps need more help, you are better off taking all 3 classes, find out more about taking all 3 classes.
You will be working on 2 separate projects during this period, each project slightly more challenging than the next as you build up your sewing and design skills.
- Drafting Your Jennifer Shift Pattern
- Assembling and sewing your pattern pieces
With a bit of originality, you will be creating a shift dress which is not only stylish but is remarkably versatile. You can adapt your pattern with the following:
- Plain patch pocket
- Pleated patch pocket
- Flounce at the bottom
The course will cover the following areas:
- Introduction to basic pattern drafting using your own body measurements
- Cutting and sewing garment pieces
- Installing zips
REQUIRED MATERIALS AND SEWING ACCESSORIES
- A list of sewing notions and materials required will be emailed to you once you have booked
- Absolute beginner, no previous experience required
DATE & TIME
Saturday April 20th & April 27th
11am – 3:15pm