At the beginning of the 12-week course, the new kids who have never sewn will be given an introductory lesson on how to setup and use a sewing machine. This course will involve both hand and machine sewing
Kids will be grouped according to their competence.
Each child is an individual and will not be expected to rush through projects. We want them to be competent users but most importantly, we want them to enjoy the process because we want their memories and experience of sewing to be ones that would serve them well.
Class Level: All sewing abilities, from complete beginner to confident user.
Age Requirements: 8 – 11 years old
Class Size: Maximum of 8 Children
Start Date: Wednesday 9th January – 3rd April (12 weeks)
There will be no classes during the half-term (Monday 18 February – Friday 22 February)
Time: 4:15pm – 5:15pm
What Will Your Kids Learn In 12 weeks
- Introduction To The Sewing Machine
- Hand sewing and it’s importance
- Taking accurate measurements
- Creating basic patterns
- Sewing with patterns
- Pinning, cutting fabric, sewing on a straight line
- Different hemming techniques
- Sewing on labels and badges
- Finishing off projects by hand
- Working on individually chosen projects
- Learning how to embellish
Projects will include:
- Basic Pattern Creation
- Skirt making
- Hair Accessories
- Makeup bags
- Pyjamas tops & Bottoms
- Designs from commercial patterns
What Is Included In The Camp?
- Sewing machines for each child to sew with
- scrap materials will be provided to kids
- Kids WILL have to buy materials for larger projects
- Your kids will be taught by sewing instructors who are passionate about sewing and equally passionate about knowledge transfer to kids
- Your kids will be taught by staff who understand that every kid is different and has their own pace
- Your child will not be left alone with anyone who does not have an enhanced DBS certificate.