Pattern Sewing – Semi-Fitted Shift Top
What is the course about?
This pattern sewing class is the perfect course for serious sewing enthusiast who want to take their sewing journey to a new level. You don’t want the fuss of creating a pattern from scratch. You will be learning basic, solid techniques to boost your growth.
This is a semi-fitted shift top with delicate details offset by a modern exposed zip behind.
The bodice is shaped by curved French darts at the front, with contour and shoulder darts at the back for a great fit. The booty-shielding dipped hem is finished with a facing. It is finished off with an adorable snowdrop collar.
What Will You Be Learning During This Class?
- How to read a pattern and select your size
- How to lay your fabric out correctly
- Cutting and marking techniques
- Basic garment construction and seam finishing
- Adjusting your pattern to fit your size
- Inserting your zip
- Sewing and finishing your garment
- Getting to work on techniques like; stay-stitching, gather-stitching, basting, under-stitching, how to sew a dart correctly
Medium-weight non-drape fabrics preferably with a bit of stretch
Confident user, Intermediate
NUMBER OF SESSIONS: 2
AVAILABLE DATES AND TIME
8th & 15th Jan 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
5th & 12th Feb 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
5th & 12th Mar 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
9th & 16th April 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
To Get The Best Out Of Your Pattern Sewing Class
- You require a sewing machine of some sort at home
- You should know your way round a sewing machine; this is not a class for beginners
- Practice your sewing techniques at home
- Do a bit of research on your own
- Revise your reading materials
A list of materials required will be emailed on registration
Visit our online store for notions and fabrics
- Every student progresses at a different pace
- Enjoy the process as you go along
- Please ensure you can commit to all the sessions
- Practice, practice and more practice
Please read our Terms And Conditions