Pattern Sewing – Elegant Fitted Dress
What is the course about?
This pattern sewing class is the perfect course for serious sewing enthusiast who want to take their sewing journey to a new level. You don’t want the fuss of creating a pattern from scratch. You will be learning basic, solid techniques to boost your growth.
This dress is an elegant fitted dress, shaped with darts at the bust, waist and shoulders. This dress has a choice of lined cap sleeves or darted three-quarter length sleeves, high-back or V-back neckline, with optional collar and faux pockets. This dress closes with an invisible zip at the back. the hemline hits the bottom of the knew with a kick pleat for easy movement.
What Will You Be Learning During This Class?
- How to read a pattern and select your size
- How to lay your fabric out correctly
- Cutting and marking techniques
- Basic garment construction and seam finishing
- Adjusting your pattern to fit your size
- Inserting your zip
- Sewing and finishing your garment
- Getting to work on techniques like; stay-stitching, gather-stitching, basting, under-stitching, how to sew a dart correctly
This dress has certain important features like darts, sleeves, V-back neckline, faux pockets, optional collar and invisible zip. You will be taught the specific skills and techniques to carry out the tasks to complete these features.
Medium-weight non-drape fabrics preferably with a bit of stretch
Confident user, Intermediate
NUMBER OF SESSIONS: 2
AVAILABLE DATES AND TIME
22nd & 29th Jan 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
19th & 26th Feb 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
19th & 26th Mar 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
23rd & 30th Apr 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
To Get The Best Out Of Your Pattern Sewing Class
- You require a sewing machine of some sort at home
- You should know your way round a sewing machine; this is not a class for beginners
- Practice your sewing techniques at home
- Do a bit of research on your own
- Revise your reading materials
A list of materials required will be emailed on registration
Visit our online store for notions and fabrics
- Every student progresses at a different pace
- Enjoy the process as you go along
- Please ensure you can commit to all the sessions
- Practice, practice and more practice
Please read our Terms And Conditions