Pattern Sewing – Easy Trousers
What is the course about?
This pattern sewing class is the perfect course for serious sewing enthusiast who want to take their sewing journey to a new level. You don’t want the fuss of creating a pattern from scratch. You will be learning basic, solid techniques to boost your growth.
The relaxed peg-shaped trousers are easy-fitting at the hip, with slash pockets for nonchalant slouching, tapering into a slim line ankle. The waist has gentle shaping from pleats and darts, cinched in with a quick-sew elasticated waistband.
What Will You Be Learning During This Class?
- How to read a pattern and select your size
- How to lay your fabric out correctly
- Cutting and marking techniques
- Basic garment construction and seam finishing
- Adjusting your pattern to fit your size
- Inserting your elasticated waist band
- Sewing and finishing your garment
This dress has certain important features like darts, sleeves, V-back neckline, faux pockets, optional collar and invisible zip. You will be taught the specific skills and techniques to carry out the tasks to complete these features.
Medium-weight drapey fabric such as Viscose, Silk or Rayon
Confident user, Intermediate
NUMBER OF SESSIONS: 2
AVAILABLE DATES AND TIME
21st & 28th Jan 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
18th & 25th Feb 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
18th & 25th Mar 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
22nd & 29th April 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
To Get The Best Out Of Your Pattern Sewing
- You require a sewing machine of some sort at home
- You should know your way round a sewing machine; this is not a class for beginners
- Practice your sewing techniques at home
- Do a bit of research on your own
- Revise your reading materials
A list of materials required will be emailed on registration
Visit our online store for notions and fabrics
- Every student progresses at a different pace
- Enjoy the process as you go along
- Please ensure you can commit to all the sessions
- Practice, practice and more practice
Please read our Terms And Conditions