Pattern Sewing – Camisole & Shorts Set
What is the course about?
This pattern sewing class is the perfect course for serious sewing enthusiast who want to take their sewing journey to a new level. You don’t want the fuss of creating a pattern from scratch. You will be learning basic, solid techniques to boost your growth.
This Camisole set is lovely for lounging in at home or wearing to bed.The camisole is cut on the bias to create a flowing shape, with soft pleated cups, gently shaped princess seam back and bias binding straps. The shorts have a narrow stitched-in elastic waistband and cheeky curved hems.
What Will You Be Learning During This Class?
- How to read a pattern and select your size
- How to lay your fabric out correctly
- Cutting and marking techniques
- Basic garment construction and seam finishing
- Adjusting your pattern to fit your size
- Sewing bias cut fabric
- Creating binding
- Using French seams for finishing your garment
Lightweight drapey fabrics that feel nice against the skin, such as cotton lawn, voile, viscose (rayon) or silk satin. Best to avoid directional prints as the camisole is cut on the bias and the shorts on the straight grain.
Confident user, Intermediate
NUMBER OF SESSIONS: 2
AVAILABLE DATES AND TIME
7th, 14th Jan 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
4th, 11th Feb 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
4th, 11th Mar 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
1st, 8th April 2019 (6:30pm – 9pm)
To Get The Best Out Of Your Pattern Sewing Class
- You require a sewing machine of some sort at home
- You should know your way round a sewing machine; this is not a class for beginners
- Practice your sewing techniques at home
- Do a bit of research on your own
- Revise your reading materials
A list of materials required will be emailed on registration
Visit our online store for notions and fabrics
- Every student progresses at a different pace
- Enjoy the process as you go along
- Please ensure you can commit to all the sessions
- Practice, practice and more practice
Please read our Terms And Conditions