Beginners Sewing – Kaftan Blouse
This is a quick, short and sharp sewing session, this is something you can do on a girl’s night out. Due to the shortness of this course, we do not cover as much detail as our other long courses however, we give you enough skills to sew something beautiful.
This short session is for you if some of the following applies to you:
- You have never touched a sewing machine but want to learn sewing
- You are unsure if sewing is for you
- You want to try something new, but are unsure
- You want something fun to do on your girls’ night out
- For your first project, you would like to sew an item of clothing
- You have always hand sewn but want to like to learn how to use a sewing machine
- You have very limited time
Hopefully this class will propel you to sign up for further classes where you can build up your newly acquired sewing skills.
In this four-hour duration, you will learn to cut and sew a simple kaftan top of your chosen length.
You will be learning very basic sewing skills, just enough for you to cut and sew a simple beautiful kaftan top for an evening out or an evening in.
You will be taught:
- Complete introduction on how to setup and use domestic sewing machine
- Basic trouble shooting techniques
- The parts and functions of a domestic sewing machine
- Introduction to different ways of finishing and sewing your hemline
- Introduction to different stitches
- Taking accurate measurements for your blouse
- Constructing and finishing your blouse
- At the end of these lessons, the learner should be able to:
- Independently set up a domestic sewing machine
- Understand the functions and parts of the sewing machine
- Identify and apply at least 2 types of machine stitches
- Design and sew a kaftan blouse using correct measurements
Hopefully after this session, you will be pleased with the outcome; your beautiful kaftan blouse. Most importantly you will have a good knowledge of what sewing is all about and will be ready to sign up for more sewing lessons.
REQUIRED MATERIALS AND SEWING ACCESSORIES
- A list of sewing notions and materials required will be emailed to you once you have booked
- We are happy to provide a sewing machine for group or individual use. This will allow you get comfortable with a sewing machine as you decide on what sewing machine to buy
- If you have an old sewing machine, we will not be able to use it
- Absolute beginner, no previous experience required
TOTAL NUMBER OF HOURS REQUIRED = 4hrs
AVAILABLE DATES ON WEDNESDAY DAYTIME
10th, 17th, 24th April
Time 10:30am – 2:30pm