Beginners Sewing – Bag Making Workshop
This bag making workshop is suitable for learners who want to acquire a solid foundation with which to kick-start their sewing journey. You will be rapidly learning very important skills as you tackle your first sewing project. Learners will be given a list of materials and valuable resources required for their sewing journey. We encourage you explore current fashion and designs.
Your first introduction to the domestic sewing machine will get you started on comprehensive stitching techniques. Each lesson will develop your sewing capabilities and will equip you with the competence and confidence required to carry out elementary sewing assignments like basic garment alterations or working on small sewing projects.
You will be working on 2 separate projects during this period, each project slightly more challenging than the next as you build up your sewing and design skills.
- A classic tote bag with lining
- A makeup pouch with a zipper
The course will cover the following areas:
- Complete introduction on how to setup and use A Brother or Singer Sewing machine
- Troubleshooting and tips
- Different types of sewing machine stitches
- Introduction to different ways of finishing your seams and hems
- Seams and Hems
- Designing and sewing your classic tote bag
- Installing zippers
REQUIRED MATERIALS AND SEWING ACCESSORIES
- A list of sewing notions and materials required will be emailed to you once you have booked
- Absolute beginner, no previous experience required
DATE & TIME
Saturday March 30th – April 6th
3:30pm – 6:30pm