This is the perfect booster course Students studying GCSE textiles related college course or students who will like to study a textiles related course.
This course also suits slightly older kids who will like to take sewing as a serious hobby.
This course can also count towards their Duke of Edinburgh award.
On this course, you will be building a file sample as you learn to master sewing techniques that will aid the construction of almost any garment! We’ll take you through basic and specialist seams, fabric manipulation and experimentation, hand sewing, finishing, fastenings, handling/managing different textiles and embellishments as you learn exactly when and where to use them.
Learn these core skills and the sky is the limit!
One medium A4 ring binder with plastic wallets
Class Level: All sewing abilities, from complete beginner to confident user.
Age Requirements: 12 -16 years old
Class Size: Maximum of 8 Children
Start Date: Thursday 6th September – 20th December (15 weeks)
There will be no classes during the half-term
Time: 4:15pm – 5:30pm
What Will Your Kids Learn In 15 weeks
- Introduction To The Sewing Machine
- Hand sewing and it’s importance
- Fashion Sketching; sketching intricate fashion details
- Pattern Drafting
- Solidify their sewing techniques as well as learn new ones
- Explore their creativity by putting fashion ideas on paper
- Garment Cutting & Construction
- Learn how to turn fashion ideas into wearable garments
- Fashion Design Illustration
- Embellishments & Accessorising
- Understanding Fabrics & Textiles
Projects will include:
- Personally chosen designs and projects
What Is Included In The Camp?
- Sewing machines for each child to sew with
- scrap materials will be provided to kids
- Kids may have to buy materials for larger projects
- Your kids will be taught by sewing instructors who are passionate about sewing and equally passionate about knowledge transfer to kids
- Your kids will be taught by staff who understand that every kid is different and has their own pace
- Your child will not be left alone with anyone who does not have an enhanced DBS certificate.
PLEASE NOTE CLASSES CAN BE CANCELLED IF ENOUGH KIDS DON’T SIGN UP