Dressmaking Course For Absolute Beginners
What is the course about?
Our beginners introduction to dressmaking is the perfect course to kick any serious sewing enthusiast who want to start a sewing journey and take it seriously too. You will be learning basic, solid techniques to boost your growth. Our beginners introduction to dressmaking will be in a very small group. This ensures that each student receives adequate and appropriate attention.
Each student in our beginners introduction to dressmaking will feel like they are receiving a 1-2-1 session.
What Will Be Learning During This Introduction To Dressmaking?
- Complete introduction on how to setup and use A Brother or Singer Sewing machine
- Introduction to machine seams and finishes
- Different types of sewing machine stitches
- Introduction to different ways of finishing and sewing your hemline
- Understanding how sewing patterns work
- Preparing, cutting, marking your pattern
- Preparing, cutting, marking your fabric
- Inserting Zips and Button holes
- Taking accurate body measurements
- Sewing and finishing your garment
You will be working on 3 separate projects during this period
- A simple tote bag to introduce you to sewing
- Simple tunic dress using a sewing pattern
- A simple top using a sewing pattern
To Get The Best Out Of Your Introduction To Dressmaking
- You require a sewing machine of some sort at home
- Please complete all 3 projects in the course
- Practice your sewing techniques at home
- Do a bit of research on your own
- Revise your reading materials
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: Medium-weight woven fabrics such as cotton or Linen.
For your last project you will be required to tackle a more challenging piece of fabric
SEWING LEVEL: Absolute beginner, no previous experience required
NUMBER OF SESSIONS: 6
AVAILABLE DATES AND TIME
9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th Jan., 6th, 13th Feb. 2019 (11am – 2pm)
27th Feb., 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th Mar., 3rd April 2019 (11am – 2pm)
- Every student progresses at a different pace
- Enjoy the process as you go along
- Please ensure you can commit to all the sessions
- Practice, practice and more practice