Mending & Alterations For Kids
Sewing is fun, but it is also a practical skill. In these sessions kids will be learning basic alteration and mending skills, so they can take ownership without passing them to a grown-up to carry out. All kids should be able to sew a button back on.
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
- This is designed for kids who can use a needle and thread as well as a sewing machine.
- The child MUST be 8 years old already
- The child should be able to sew with a needle and thread already
- The child must be able to wind a bobbin and thread sewing machine with minimal help, please click here if they are unable to
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN 2 WEEKS
- Covering up old button holes
- Unpicking and hemming
- Adjusting waist bands
- Learning to sew labels onto clothes
- Sewing badges on your clothes
- Stitching rips and tears
- Any old item you would love to alter
- Fabric marking pencil
- If you do not have the time to buy the materials, please do not worry, you can purchase from us on the day. Please come 15 minutes early.
WORKSHOP DATES (This workshop is run over 2 weeks)
Sunday, March 26th, 2017
Sunday, April 2nd, 2017
TIME: 3pm – 5pm
Please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.