Introduction To Sewing
Adult Sewing Classes – 2 part Session
Part 1 – Introduction To The Sewing Machine – Wednesday 3rd May Time: 10am – 12pm
In this 90 minute session you will learn about;
- Threading and re-threading your sewing machine
- The functions of the sewing machine parts
- Loading and winding a bobbin
- Various stitches and uses
- Sewing machine troubleshooting
- Caring for your sewing machine
Part 2 – Sew Your Own Cushion Cover – Wednesday, 10th May, 2017 Time: Time: 10am – 12pm
In this 90min session you will learn;
- How to cut and measure your fabric for your project
- Pinning your fabric before sewing
- Various stitches and hems
- Sewing your fabric in a straight line
- Finishing off your sewing
Your objective in this class will be to make a simple cushion cover, you will now use your newly acquired skills to make a simple and delightful cushion cover.
1meter cotton fabric of your choice (no stretch please)
50cm x 50cm cushion from Ikea
you can pay £6 for fabric and an extra £6 for the cushion
Please remember; every student progresses at a different pace, so try and enjoy the process as you go along.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.