First Step To Sewing – Learn To Make Your Modest Skirt
Beginners Sewing Workshop – This is a 2 part Session
Part 1 – Introduction To The Sewing Machine – Wednesday,18th January, 2017
7pm – 8:30pm
In this 90 minute session you will learn about;
- Threading and re-threading your sewing machine
- The functions of the sewing machine parts
- Loading and winding a bobbin
- Various stitches and uses
- Sewing machine troubleshooting
- Caring for your sewing machine
Part 2 – Make Your own – Wednesday, 25th January, 1st February 2017
Your objective in this class will be to make a simple modest skirt which will be black, cotton and heavy duty. You can either make the skirt 4cm below your knee or you can have it floor length which will be wide enough and non-restrictive.
You will learn;
- How to cut and measure your fabric for your project
- Pinning your fabric before sewing
- Various stitches and hems
- Sewing your fabric in a straight line
- Finishing off your sewing
Please remember; every student progresses at a different pace, so try and enjoy the process as you go along.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.