Fashion Summer Camp 2017 – WEEK 2
Who Is This Camp Designed For?
- Kids from 8+ of all sewing abilities
- Any child who can sew with a sewing machine and wants to learn new skills and practice old ones.
- Any child who wants to take up sewing for the first time
- Any child who wants to learn some real fashion designing techniques to supplement their school work
What Are Some Of The Benefits Of This Camp?
- Task management skills
- Understanding how to create patterns
- Experience of transferring ideas into reality
- Collaborative and team building skills
- Confidence building
- Being able to share and appreciate different creative skills
- Improved focus
- Improved motor skills
- Improved mental numeracy
- Learning how to appreciate alternative solutions
What Is Included In The Camp?
- Free lunch – Kosher option available (Monday – Thursday)
- Healthy snacks all day (Kosher grapes available)
- All creative materials will be provided
PROGRAM FOR WEEK 14TH AUGUST – 18TH AUGUST 2017
DAY 1 Beginners – Sewing Machine For Beginners
- Threading and re-threading your sewing machine
- Loading and winding a bobbin
- Various stitches and uses
- Create a tote bag at the end of the day
DAY 1 Confident Sewers – Patchwork Toiletries Bag With Zip
- This is for confident sewers who don’t need any help with winding bobbins and threading the machine.
- They will be shown how to measure, cut and put fabric pieces together to create a patchwork.
- They will be taught how to sew a zip on the bag
- Once they are done, they will have the option to personalise the toiletry bag and embellish with sequins, button, gems and other accessories
DAY 2 – Design Your Jumpsuit Part 1
- Create a simple pattern for you to use in the future
- Each child will have the option to sew a sleeveless top or a short sleeved top
- They will have the option to embellish their tops with trimmings of their choice.
DAY 3 – Design Your Jumpsuit Part 2
DAY 4 – Creativity Krazee
After 3 days of non-stop sewing, we are going to take a break from the sewing machine and let our inner creativity loose. First of all, we are going to teach you how to braid your hair and you will also learn how to braid your best friend’s hair when she comes over. Parents, please inform us if you don’t want your child to engage in this activity
- Learning hair braiding techniques for either Afro, Caucasian or Asian
OTHER CREATIVE ACTIVITIES TO CHOOSE FROM
- Creating wall art from fabric scraps
- Customise your own shoes with Henna style art, using fabric paint and rhinestones
- Design your own headband
DAY 5 – Create Your Own Beach Kaftan
- Measuring and cutting fabric
- Putting fabric pieces together
- Fitting and Alteration
CUSTOMISE YOUR OWN JEANS
- Freestyle class
- You can turn your trousers into shorts and embellish them
- You can design your jeans with applique
- You can draw henna designs with glitter fabric paint (this won’t come off in the wash)
- We have over 5000 lace trimmings to choose from
- Please supply your own jeans trousers
- Please supply plimsolls if required
- All other materials will be supplied
A healthy snack and drinks will be provided all day.
Free hot lunch will be provided. We have an option to provide Kosher meals
NO KOSHER MEALS ON FRIDAY