Inroduction To Soft Furnishing – Cushion Covers For Beginners
What is the course about?
This course is definitely for you if you have never sewn before but would like to learn in an informal learning environment. You will be working at your own pace. During this, course we will equip you with the skills and confidence required to start and continue your sewing journey.
What will I learn during this course?
Introduction To The Sewing Machine
- Threading and re-threading your sewing machine
- The functions of the sewing machine parts
- Loading and winding a bobbin
- Various stitches and uses
- Sewing machine troubleshooting
Make Your First Cushion Cover
In this session you will learn;
- How to cut and measure your fabric for your project
- Pinning your fabric before sewing
- Various stitches and hems
- Sewing your fabric in a straight line
- Finishing off your sewing
Your objective in this class will be to make a simple cushion cover, you will now use your newly acquired skills to make a simple and delightful cushion cover.
2meters cotton fabric of your choice (no stretch please)
DATE: 9th & 13th Sept.
TIME: 7pm – 9pm
NUMBER OF SESSIONS: 2
Please remember; every student progresses at a different pace, so try and enjoy the process as you go along.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.