A Beginners Sewing Journey
What is the course about?
This course is definitely for you if you have never sewn before but would like to learn in an informal learning environment. You will be working at your own pace. During this course, we will equip you with the skills and confidence required to start and continue your sewing journey.
What will I learn during this course?
Introduction To The Sewing Machine
- Threading and re-threading your sewing machine
- The functions of the sewing machine parts
- Loading and winding a bobbin
- Various stitches and uses
- Sewing machine troubleshooting
- Caring for your sewing machine
Make Your Own Grocery Bag
Now that you have come to grips with the sewing machine, you will be using your newly found skills to cut and sew a shopping bag. This bag should be big and sturdy enough to hold your shopping. This is an excellent project for beginners, you can use this bag to bring all your sewing projects and materials to class
Create A Basic Loose Top Pattern
- Using Body measurements to create pattern
Sew Your Own Blouse
- Cutting your fabric from your pattern
- Laying out fabric pieces
- Learning how to add interfacing
- Learn how to insert a zip
- Constructing and sewing your blouse
- Finishing off your sewing
- Folder, paper, pen
- Basic sewing kit (pins, needles, fabric scissors, a tape measure)
- 6 bobbins, white sewing thread, tailor’s chalk
You will be guided by your instructors on what other materials will be required during the course.
REQUIREMENTS: Willingness to learn how to sew. No previous experience necessary
Weekday: WEDNESDAY EVENING (7pm – 9:30pm)
Starts: 7th March
End Date: 28th March
Number of Weeks: 4
Please remember; every student progresses at a different pace, so try and enjoy the process as you go along.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.