Sewing A Box Pleat Skirt
In this course, you will learn to create a box-pleat skirt using your own body measurements. This super-flattering skirt design can fast become a staple in any wardrobe, as it is suitable for a wide range of fabrics and adaptable for almost any occasion. We’ll begin with learning to calculate and draft your pattern and finish with a beautiful box-pleat skirt, all while learning a variety of skills along the way!
- Take your body measurements accurately
- Cutting your fabric from your pattern
- Laying out fabric pieces
- Learning how to sew a waistband correctly
- Learn how to insert a zip
- Constructing and sewing skirt
- Finishing off your gathered skirt with trimmings
Date: 3rd & 10th May
Up to 3m fabric of your choice, matching thread, Fusible, Buckle, 8″ visible zip (no stretch please) or you can buy from us
We have an array of trimmings you can choose from.
Please remember; every student progresses at a different pace, so try and enjoy the process as you go along.Book Now