We are very excited about our new session. Teaching kids how to sew has been a passion I have had for a while and I am so glad to see it materialising.
I take my sewing classes very seriously; yes, sewing should be fun, but also we must remember it is a life skill. So, in as much as I will like to spend my time teaching the girls how to make very cute bags and puppets, I would also like to equip them with the basics, as a bare minimum.
My students should be able to walk away from my class and set up a sewing machine; wind a bobbin and thread the sewing machine.I must also emphasise that sewing is a practical skill which means they need to practice their craft as often as possible.
This term, we will be focusing on the following:
- Setting up your sewing machine
- Learning about various hand and sewing machine stitches
- Learning how to sew buttons and zips by hand
- Learning to patch items
- Learning how to sew on school labels
- Learning how to plan for a sewing project
- Final Product: Sewing Kit bag with buttons, 1 zip, and various decorative stitches
I am looking forward to the next few weeks.
Please contact us, if you would like to participate in our kids or adult sewing classes.